One Fine Baby is a COVID-Safe Event
We are regularly updating this page with the latest information
Last updated Friday 11th June
EVENT POSTPONED – In light of updated advice from health authorities and the evolving COVID-19 situation, it is with sadness and heavy hearts to inform you that we are postponing One Fine Baby Fair Melbourne which was scheduled to take place first in May, then in June.
This is not a decision we have taken lightly, however our primary concern is always the safety and wellbeing of our visitors, and the responsibility we feel towards our exhibitors and partners.
Our next One Fine Baby Melbourne event is 11 + 12 September 2021, where we look forward to welcoming you in better circumstances. You can register for tickets here.
We’re still very excited for our next One Fine Baby Fair in Sydney from the 14 + 15 August 2021, we can’t wait to see our Sydney friends there! You can register for those tickets here.
We’re sure many of you are keeping an eye on the news right now and appreciate you have a lot of questions. We’re monitoring the situation and will provide additional updates as soon as we can. We’re working closely with the Department of Health to bring you a safe and fun One Fine Baby event. We ask that you please check Victorian public exposure sites here and follow recommendations, including getting tested.
Are events allowed to go ahead?
They sure are! How? Because our ticketing system allows us to register everyone who comes to our event and scan them in (via our own scanners and also the VIC Government QR code), so we can easily contact trace should we need to. ‘Public gatherings’ and ‘home gatherings’ cannot trace, hence the restrictions. Events are not classified as a public gathering, so we are allowed to go ahead.
Face masks are now required for patrons 12 years and older at the MELBOURNE SHOWGROUNDS venue. By entering One Fine Baby venue you agree to wear a mask, if you refuse to do so you may be denied entry or asked to leave. As announced by the Victorian Government, face masks are mandatory in indoor settings for all patrons 12 years and over.
What we're doing at One Fine Baby
We’re super excited to be back in Melbourne, and bringing together many small businesses – many of whom suffered greatly in 2020 without retail expos. However, the safety of visitors, vendors and staff is always our highest priority.
We are working with the Victorian Government and the Department of Health to deliver a COVID-Safe event for everyone. We ask that you work with us, and give us your trust and patience, so that we can launch One Fine Baby in its best light.
Here’s what we’re doing:
- Timed and staggered entry for ticketed events and capacity management.
- Lower capacity limits to allow physical distancing.
- Floor markers and signage at venues to remind us to stay 1.5metres apart.
- Temperature checks upon entry – anyone with a temperature above 37.5C will be denied entry and recommended to immediately be tested for COVID.
- Sanitiser stations at entry and exit points, and throughout the event.
- Requesting patrons carry a mask at all times. Masks are mandatory when travelling on public transport and in some social situations, and recommended to be worn where physical distancing is not possible.
- Digital tickets to limit handling and encouraging early booking to minimise box office queues.
- Contact tracing through digital check-ins using QR codes.
- Cashless-only payments across ticket box offices and food and beverage outlets.
- COVID-Safety Marshalls at event to support visitors and answer questions.
- Providing up-to-date information about the event via email and text message 24 hours beforehand.
- Providing COVID-Safe updates on our social channels as required.
What you can do
Stay home if you’re unwell
Please stay home if you are unwell, have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath or any other flu-like symptoms. Here’s some info on getting tested and how to isolate.
If you feel a sneeze coming on, fire it into your elbow.
Wash those hands
Wash your hands frequently and for at least 20 seconds. As soon as you arrive make use of the hand sanitiser available.
Maintain physical distancing
Help reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection by maintaining a dancing distance of 1.5 metres from other people where possible, and avoiding close contact with people outside of your group.
Wear a mask
One Fine Baby is following government guidelines on masks. Current guidelines require everyone to carry a face mask at all times and to wear them in certain situations. We ask that wherever physical distancing isn’t possible, that you wear a mask, and be kind and respectful to One Fine Baby staff providing any instructions.
Still have questions? Contact us here: email@example.com